I am NOT good at this. I just wrote a whole post and lost it somehow. I think I need lessons.
I am starting this because of the craziness of my life. Carter is what is going on right now. He had open heart surgery on April 7. He is doing so amazing. The doctors are calling him a superstar. They expected him to be in the hospital for about a week and was home in 4/5 days. He is unstoppable. I have to keep him from climbing on the counters and running around. They wanted him to take it easy for 6 weeks to allow the bone to heal. Sure! Okay, that's gonna happen. They needed to replace a valve in his heart that was repaired last when he was 7 months old. They decided to replace it with an adult sized human valve implant. They had other options (pig or cow valves.) They expect it to last about 7-10 years and then he should be big enough for a permenant mechanical valve. The human ones tend to wear out and don't grow with you. They think it looks perfect and we are hoping for the best. We are so truly blessed. I know that the blessings that he recieved and all the prays on our families behalf indeed worked. We cannot express how grateful we are for all that so many of you have done. We never would have made it through this tough time without you. Here are some pictures to illustrate out time.
I am starting this because of the craziness of my life. Carter is what is going on right now. He had open heart surgery on April 7. He is doing so amazing. The doctors are calling him a superstar. They expected him to be in the hospital for about a week and was home in 4/5 days. He is unstoppable. I have to keep him from climbing on the counters and running around. They wanted him to take it easy for 6 weeks to allow the bone to heal. Sure! Okay, that's gonna happen. They needed to replace a valve in his heart that was repaired last when he was 7 months old. They decided to replace it with an adult sized human valve implant. They had other options (pig or cow valves.) They expect it to last about 7-10 years and then he should be big enough for a permenant mechanical valve. The human ones tend to wear out and don't grow with you. They think it looks perfect and we are hoping for the best. We are so truly blessed. I know that the blessings that he recieved and all the prays on our families behalf indeed worked. We cannot express how grateful we are for all that so many of you have done. We never would have made it through this tough time without you. Here are some pictures to illustrate out time.
Still a little groggy- Day 2
Ready to go home-Day 4
7 comments:
welcome to the blogging world! Cute template!
Just so you know...I linked you on my blog! And please remove the word verification...makes me crazy! Thanks!
Word verification is when you have to type the little code to leave a comment...to remove it go to settings...comments...word verification...no. Also, if you want your comments to go in a pop up window (which is what I like..if you want to know) on the same page...pop up window..yes! Does that make sense??
What a little trooper!! He is so amazing and so cute! We will continue to keep Carter and your family in our prayers! I am so glad that you have a blog. I will email you and invite you to view mine! Take care!
Keisha
I am so glad to hear he is doing so well!!
You are doing awesome Erin! Seriously I can't figure out yet how to post pictures. Great job! And I am so glad he is doing well. You are all in my prayers! I still want to take you out for your late birthday lunch so give me a call when you get a chance!
What a cutie! Hope he continues to heal nice and fast! And enjoy the new blog, I'll check back often. Love ya, Amy R.
Post a Comment