Okay, so taking children to church is a giant 3 hour nightmare. I was back to church today after our 2 week hiatus. Sitting with 4 children alone for that hour and 15 minutes feels like an eternity. Luckily, I have a wonderful friend, Amber, who often sits with me. Thanks Amber you are a lifesaver. Anyway, I started bribing my children with Swiss Rolls. I have no idea why, it is Swiss Rolls, but it is. Each week the best child during church gets a Swiss Roll after meetings. If everyone is the best, then everyone gets A roll. Not both the rolls in the package, just one roll. You would be amazed how well this works. If they start arguing or getting restless, I just whisper, "Do you want a Swiss Roll?" and it seems to get them back on track. Of course this doesnt work with Jackson and he is the hardest one, but 3 out of 4 ain't bad. I did sneak into nursery with him today. I told Trevor I would just take a calling in there so that I didn't have to feel bad about being in there, but they are yet to call me.
Here are the darlings ready for church
7 comments:
Oh I love that. Do you want a Swiss Roll? I'll have to use that when you girls are being too rowdy at our next Mother's Day retreat.
I love it!! I will have to give it a try! I also cannot believe how big Jackson is!! Crazy how fast they grow!! Cute family!
Hey if you give me a little debbie swiss cake...I promise I will be good in church too..deal?
That's too funny! Hey whatever works right :)
I totally believe in bribing. At least they are behaving in church. There is nothing worse that having your children naughty during sacrament!
I cannot believe how big they all are! They look so sweet and innocent. I dont know if I believe they have to be bribed for church!!
Oh I like that - that would totally work for Maya. Thanks!
Post a Comment