CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, August 2, 2008

Happy Birthday to Amy

Today is my dear friend Amy "Mac" Denton's birthday. She passed away five years ago and we miss her so much. A tradition that my friends and I have started is going out to MiAmigos for lunch on her birthday and then heading over to the cemetery with flowers and to sing her happy birthday. I was a great day. I still miss her, but I am glad for the knowledge that we will be together someday. I love you and I miss you, Amy. I still can figure out my camera, so I got some pictures, but will have to get them later.

5 comments:

Didion 6-Pack said...

Thanks for sharing your sweet tradition, I didn't know you did that each year. I felt kind of sad reading it, I remember Amy and have thought about her on occasion, in fact within the last week or two. Wonder how her husband and kids are doing? You are good friends.

Anonymous said...

I think it is so neat that you remember her every year! I have no doubt that she is aware of that love and watches over you from heaven.

The Hall Family said...

That is really sweet. What a great tradition.

Tandee said...

I'm glad you guys were able to get out there again. I'd love to see the photos!

The Weights said...

Thanks for doing the post!! I love our tradition- celebrating friendship and the good things- Amy filled her life with these two things!! I will always remember how she treated EVERYONE with kindness!