Lincoln started 4th grade and Carter started Kindergarten yesterday. I tried to do this yesterday, but for some reason I could not log onto blogger and gave up. I was very nervous about Carter being gone all day and how he would do, but I worried for nothing I guess. He did great. When I went to pick them up, Carter's teacher said that he did really well and he especially LOVED music. She said he dance whenever music played. He has P.E. today, so hopefully that goes well too. They could not figure out what Carter wanted for lunch and the choices were lasagna or chicken fingers. (he had told me chicken and we practiced him telling his teacher before school). For some reason this was a big fear of mine. She said the picked chicken because it was less messy and so everything went great. She sent home an extra menu and last night Carter and I went through the whole month and circled what he would have. Luckily, he is not a picky eater and will eat just about anything.
Lincoln also had a good day. He had P.E. yesterday and got Mr. Seles(sp? Kyle). He had lots of fun because he plays football with them. He already had homework. He said he didnt want to come home, but stay at school, he had such a good day. He has decided that he would like to play in the orchestra. He gets to go on Friday and test all the instruments and decide what he would like to play. He thinks that he woudl like to play the cello, but I hope he chooses the violin (easier to carry).
McKinley is very sad that her school does not start until September. We went to get a few things at Walmart after we dropped the boys off and we ran into her teacher. I dont know if that was a good thing or a bad thing. She loved seeing her, but now she is pestering me even more about going to Ms. Kerri's. I signed her up for one more session of swimming lessons to keep her busy. It must have been a full day because she fell asleep during her time out. She decided to write on the back of the couch with lipstick. What am I going to do with that girl? I decided to write a blog instead of cleaning it up so I could cool down a little. Does anyone know how to get lipstick out of microfiber?
Afterschool, we got a call to pick up Carter's new glasses. We headed over to Fiesta Mall and picked them up and then played in the indoor playground. It was fun. We also found a little lost boy. He was eight and couldnt find his parents so we just stayed with him to try to help him. He was so scared and crying. We were reassuring him that we would find them. I felt so bad. Another lady said she thought she saw the people that he was with go in to the Disney Store. I ran down there and asked the lady that was in there if she had a little boy. She didnt speak English and couldnt understand what I was saying. I ran back to the boy and asked if his mom spoke English and he said no. By this time, we had had him with us for 30 or 40 minutes. I brought him and over there and it was his family. They didnt even care. It was so weird. I was trying to tell the sister who spoke English how scared he had been and she said "Oh" McKinley was obsessed with getting lost for the rest of the night and could not figure out why that mom lost her son. She kept asking me about the time she got lost. I have never really lost her, so I didnt have a story to tell her. I just reminded her what to do, if she ever got lost.
11 comments:
I am glad Carter had a good day! And that he got chicken for lunch :)
His name is Mr Seles...you spelled it right!
You guys start school so early but we are not to far behind you guys. We start on the 21st but like you our preschool starts in September. I'm glad to hear that Carter had a great first day. sounds like he will do well this year.
WOW! What a full day you had! I loved the 1st day pics, how nice that Trev got to come, is this the first time? Cody gets to go to preschool too, he starts Mon. Sad story with the lost boy. Some people! On another note, I hope you guys are aiming for the Grahams.....
Geez Erin...I can't believe you don't have your pizza delivered to your door! hahaha how funny!
Glad your kids enjoyed their first day! Kelsi did too and I am so glad she is in allday now!! It's so nice for me!!
So just thought I would share....I just walked into my living room to find my couch written all over with pen! How do you take pen off of leather!!! ughhh Kaitlyn is 3 1/2 and she should totally know better!! I think she is feeling a little neglected :(
Well I am glad everyone had good school days! I cannot believe some parents. And that poor little boy. I hope Mckinley forgets about wanting to get lost! That would SCARE ME TO DEATH. That little boy was lucky he ran into you and not some sicko!!
so cute. The picture of Carter with Trevor is so cute. Did you have a hard time having him go? I would, but it sounds like he did great.
That is so sad about the little lost boy. Weird thing is, that SAME thing happened to us at AZ mills. Well, we didnt find the little boy, the cops were with him, but we watched it all play out. When the police found the mom she really could care less. SOOO weird. Makes you want to adopt them huh :)
so cute. The picture of Carter with Trevor is so cute. Did you have a hard time having him go? I would, but it sounds like he did great.
That is so sad about the little lost boy. Weird thing is, that SAME thing happened to us at AZ mills. Well, we didnt find the little boy, the cops were with him, but we watched it all play out. When the police found the mom she really could care less. SOOO weird. Makes you want to adopt them huh :)
Oh Erin! Sorry about the lipstick. Take a picture though. You know for posterity sake when her daughter does the same thing ;). I am glad they are loving school!
I'm going to be back in AZ this week. We should get together!
I don't know why I was surprised to see you at school. For some reason I had it in my head that you live closer to Kyle. I totally feel like a brunette who lives blonde. Carter was so cute going to school. Hopefully we can see each other more and you know, grab a cup of joe {oh we don't drink joe} something yummy and visit after dropping the kids off.
I didn't realize that Carter & Ashtyn are the same age. I'm glad he's doing well in kindergarten!
Post a Comment