Well, we have been home from the cabin a few days and figured it was about time to get back to blogging. I have checked a few, but have not gotten back in full swing yet. For some reason I cant get my pictures to download on my blog. I will write now and put the pictures up later. Frankly, I dont even really have time for this, but I am here so... The kids are cleaning their rooms and Jack is playing quietly right here so, I have just a moment. My mom got a bag to make Amish Friendship Bread. She brought it to the cabin and since she thought she wouldnt have the time to finish it and I took an interest in it, she gave it to me. The kids and I are going to make it after lunch and Jack goes down for a nap.
The cabin was fun. My mom drove to our house on Sunday afternoon and picked up Carter and McKinley. We drove threw Payson and met at McDonalds. I had Linc and Baby J. We stayed there forever letting the kids play. We went to leave and I had lost my mom in the parking lot. We got up to the cabin about 9:00 and about 30 mins later mom gets there. I asked what took so long and she had to stop a few times. 1st Carter dropped his drink, still in the parking lot, so that is where I lost her. Then, they were driving down the road and all of a sudden the lights and the "Door Ajar" light comes on. I guess McKinley opened her door right on the highway. My mom had to pull over to reshut the door and was then on her way. She locked the doors after that. Our doors on the van dont open so easily. I guess she just figured that she would see what that little lever did. On our ride, we saw a naked man in boots on the side of the road. It was before dark and I saw a car on the opposite side of the road and as we got closer, I saw a naked man fittling around with the car, NAKED. Lincoln didnt notice him, luckily. We saw a movie and went to the rec center in the neighborhood and kept busy everyday. I had planned to get together with my friend Rebecca up there, but just ran out of time. Trevor came up and due to poor planning we didnt have much time for playing as a family. He went golfing with Lincoln and my dad and I took the kids down to the rodeo. We saw some friends and family. It was nice to see and catch up with those we had not seen in a while. We are sorry we didnt see Gena, but saw some of her family. Trevor's grandpa Goodman roped in the morning, but we missed it. We did get to see our freind Treg and he did a great job (so I am told, I dont really know much). Trevor got lots of chores done around the house. I know my parents felt bad, him working most of the time, but he would rather have chores to do than watch Blue's Clues, so he says. We went to the 4th of July parade and had a very good time. We saw a funny man dressed as the statue of libery with his little dog. It probably doesnt translate well, but it was super funny. From one of the floats, the kids got some funny hats. Saturday night, Trevor and I went to a 930 show of Hancock after we got the kids just about down for bed. I liked it pretty well. There were holes in the plot, but overall it was pretty good. There were some pretty funny lines. It does use the "F" words once, just as a warning and says "A" hole several times.
We got to keep Nathan at the cabin with us, while Kyle and Benson took their other kids to Lake Powell. He was such a joy. He fit right into our family. It was easy because mom and dad were there, but he was so easy. What a cutie. Maybe we can have him again some time. We came home on Sunday and since Trevor drove up with my dad, he was able to come home with us. The downfall of that was that his car was at my parent's house, so we had to drive all the way there to pick it up. It took us 6 hours to get home. It took 2 hours to get from Christopher Creek to Payson (about 20 miles). Jack threw up on Bush Highway. I swear I have the most carsick kids ever. I didnt even know that babies could get car sick. I gave them dramamine, but he still got sick. Now I am off to throw together some lunch and then make Amish Friendship Bread, hum!!!
I didnt get too many pictures, but I will try to post them later.
The cabin was fun. My mom drove to our house on Sunday afternoon and picked up Carter and McKinley. We drove threw Payson and met at McDonalds. I had Linc and Baby J. We stayed there forever letting the kids play. We went to leave and I had lost my mom in the parking lot. We got up to the cabin about 9:00 and about 30 mins later mom gets there. I asked what took so long and she had to stop a few times. 1st Carter dropped his drink, still in the parking lot, so that is where I lost her. Then, they were driving down the road and all of a sudden the lights and the "Door Ajar" light comes on. I guess McKinley opened her door right on the highway. My mom had to pull over to reshut the door and was then on her way. She locked the doors after that. Our doors on the van dont open so easily. I guess she just figured that she would see what that little lever did. On our ride, we saw a naked man in boots on the side of the road. It was before dark and I saw a car on the opposite side of the road and as we got closer, I saw a naked man fittling around with the car, NAKED. Lincoln didnt notice him, luckily. We saw a movie and went to the rec center in the neighborhood and kept busy everyday. I had planned to get together with my friend Rebecca up there, but just ran out of time. Trevor came up and due to poor planning we didnt have much time for playing as a family. He went golfing with Lincoln and my dad and I took the kids down to the rodeo. We saw some friends and family. It was nice to see and catch up with those we had not seen in a while. We are sorry we didnt see Gena, but saw some of her family. Trevor's grandpa Goodman roped in the morning, but we missed it. We did get to see our freind Treg and he did a great job (so I am told, I dont really know much). Trevor got lots of chores done around the house. I know my parents felt bad, him working most of the time, but he would rather have chores to do than watch Blue's Clues, so he says. We went to the 4th of July parade and had a very good time. We saw a funny man dressed as the statue of libery with his little dog. It probably doesnt translate well, but it was super funny. From one of the floats, the kids got some funny hats. Saturday night, Trevor and I went to a 930 show of Hancock after we got the kids just about down for bed. I liked it pretty well. There were holes in the plot, but overall it was pretty good. There were some pretty funny lines. It does use the "F" words once, just as a warning and says "A" hole several times.
We got to keep Nathan at the cabin with us, while Kyle and Benson took their other kids to Lake Powell. He was such a joy. He fit right into our family. It was easy because mom and dad were there, but he was so easy. What a cutie. Maybe we can have him again some time. We came home on Sunday and since Trevor drove up with my dad, he was able to come home with us. The downfall of that was that his car was at my parent's house, so we had to drive all the way there to pick it up. It took us 6 hours to get home. It took 2 hours to get from Christopher Creek to Payson (about 20 miles). Jack threw up on Bush Highway. I swear I have the most carsick kids ever. I didnt even know that babies could get car sick. I gave them dramamine, but he still got sick. Now I am off to throw together some lunch and then make Amish Friendship Bread, hum!!!
I didnt get too many pictures, but I will try to post them later.
6 comments:
Sounds like you had a fun and eventful trip. I really wish I could have seen the Naked Man, how crazy is that.
We had fun with you guys...especially watching Wall-e (just kidding). Thanks for helping with Nate...I was so worried about him! You can watch him again ANYTIME!! :)
It was great talking to you today. It looks like you all had a great adventure in the mountains. I love the blog! It will be such an awesome diary for you throughout the years.
My favorite picture is Lincoln and Jackson on the porch. Jack looks like a mini version of Linc!
Ok so I laughed out loud about the naked man, well I guess not totally naked, he had boots on right!! Those darn cowboys!! Only you or Kyle would encounter something like that. I am glad you had a good time!!
Wow. Sounds like a lot happened on that trip. You must have needed a vacation to relax after you got home.
Post a Comment