CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, May 12, 2008

Life is Good

Amy, Rachelle, Rachel, Carla and Keisha
Farrah with baby dress for Cheyenne

Carla, Rachelle and Farrah


Melissa, Amy, Keisha, Carla, Rachel and Rachelle



Farrah, Melissa, Keisha, Amy and Rachelle

What a fun weekend I had. My lifelong friends from Sorority had our annual Mother's Day Retreat. Rachel was kind enough to host it, as she has the only house large enough to house our big group. In the past we have stayed in a hotel, but this was SO much better. Thanks Rach! We got together and had pot luck taco salad. My personal very favorite meal. It was delicious. Many were not able to make it and we missed them greatly, but we had lots of fun with those who were able to be there. We had a mini baby shower for Farrah. Her baby was born 10 weeks early and is in the hospital still. They are confident that she is well enough to hopefully come home this week. We then just sat around and vistited all night. When I say all night I mean it. We did not go to sleep. Well a few drifted off at about 3 am, but Keisha, Rachel and I are diehards and watched the sun come up. I am so grateful for my wonderful friends. We are all in different places in our lives, but we come together and strengthen and build each other up. It is also nice to be able to get away from my family for a little bit and it reminds me just how much I love them and how happy I am to have each one of them.

Mother's Day was very nice also. I have a really hard time with it for some reason. My family was so thoughtful and got me such nice things. I was able to stay in bed and they made breakfast for me. I guess it all unraveled when we went to church. The kids were very naughty. No one would listen and I was very frustrated. I had to take McKinley and Jackson out several times and I had a few other people mention the difficult day I was having. I was just embarrased that I could not control my own children and I expected them to love me enough to behave on mother's day. I guess that is my problem. If it were any other day, I would have just brushed it off, but it was mother's day so I expected more. They really werent that much worse than they usually are, I just wanted them to be angels for me.

Then today, I must have been a sight. As many of you know I LOVE Swatch watches. I went to take out my recycle garbage this morning and as I lifted the lid of the garbage can, it caught on my Swatch guard and it popped off into the garbage can. Luckily and unluckily it was the recycle bin. The trash is usually not so disgusting, but it is not bagged so it is everywhere, not contained. I had to tip it over and pull everything out to get to it, but I got it. Sorry there are no pictures of that, but I am sure it was super cute. My bottom sticking out of the trash can. I am officially trashy now.

6 comments:

The Weights said...

Loved the pics! I had so much fun and I cannot believe that I have not fallen apart yet due to the lack of sleep. I can only guess that my soul is so uplifted from being around such incredible women!! I loved all of our talking!
I am SOOO glad that you recovered your watch guard. I would have done the same thing!! Who cares what you looked like! You got what you wanted! Love ya!

Anonymous said...

Your post was sooo funny. That would totally be me falling in a trash can. I am so sad I wasn't able to make it to the slumber party. I am serious we will just have our own whenever you can! It's not that your kids don't love you enough, they just don't know how to express that love when they are so young.

One of these days I want to go with you to your ward! Seriously :)

Kyle said...

Your girls night sounds fun...I need a little more description on the pictures..what is the one where it looks like Rachel is bearing her testimony and everyone is so touched??
Sorry your Mothers Day didn't turn out good!

Britany said...

Sorry your kids were so naughty!!

I would have loved to see a pic of you in the trash can!! :)

Britany said...

Sorry your kids were so naughty!!

I would have loved to see a pic of you in the trash can!! :)

Anonymous said...

Hey Erin!

I found your blog from Kyle's list..whoohoo!

I my gosh, your Mother's Day sounded like mine, EXCEPT I could tell the boys were going to be terrible at church so I sent Barry off, and the kids and I played hooky. All day I kept throwing around the ol' "IF YOU GUYS REALLY CARED ABOUT ME TODAY YOU'D STOP THE FIGHTING AND JUST BE KIND TO EACH OTHER!" Such a loving, caring mom that I am.

Anyway...HEY!