CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, May 21, 2008

I feel terrible


Yesterday I sent Carter to school just like any other day. When he came home he had his graduation cap and his certificate in his backpack. He had preschool graduation and I missed it. I didnt even know about it. His teacher is usually so good about letting me know about things. I looked through his backpack again just to make sure that I didnt miss a paper about it, but there was nothing. I am sooo sad. He was probably the only kid with no one there. I even have gone in years past to see the other kids graduate. Even as I write this my eyes are filling up with tears. I want to call his teacher and ask what happened, but I dont want her to feel bad either, but I also dont want her to think that I just flaked. I took some pictures of him with his hat and award anyway. He got the award for the silliest and they gave him those funny glasses.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh Erin, it's not your fault you didn't know. You captured the moment with the picture. You'll be there for his kindy graduation. You could make him a cake or some brownies to celebrate his special day. :)

Kyle said...

That is so sad that you missed it! Cute picture though..he is funny!

Sara Hollobaugh said...

I am so sad for you. I am sure the teacher knows you would not miss it! I think I would call and tell her anyway! Hopefully he will forget soon and just love looking at his silly pictures!!

The Weights said...

He is so cute!!! I would be so sad and kinda mad too!! I would call his teacher and talk to her about it, just so that she knows that it was upsetting to miss it!! I am certain that Carter knows that you love him and the picture does capture the event!!

Shane Meredith Mason and Kendall said...

Oh so sad, but you didnt mean to. I would call the teacher for sure. He is so cute, love the picture

Kyle said...

Okay, I have been thinking about it and I think you should call the teacher because maybe she can email you some pictures or something!

Porters said...

I feel so bad for you and Carter. You would have thought that the teacher would have called you after 20 mins. if you hadn't come. I was about 15 mins. late for Mariah's mothers day program and she gave me a mean look and told me I was late. So I know how you feel. Call the tacher!

Porters said...

Oh, I love the picture he is so adorable.

Anonymous said...

Well, in your defense, I think these sort of things have happened to all of us. I know it has happened to me SEVERAL times. They know how much you love him, and you'll just have to make up for it next year- huh?