CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, November 23, 2008

Alarm Will Sound If Door Is Opened

I thought it would be a good idea if Trevor and I took the kids to Walmart and let them look through the toy section and give us a few ideas of things that they would like for Christmas. I know many of you are already done Christmas shopping or at the very least know what it is you are getting, but not me. I also needed to get a few things since I had not been to the grocery store since except for getting my dinner group stuff on Monday since before my trip to Minnesota probably two weeks ago. I needed window locks because Carter and McKinley have figured out how to open the windows, which is fine, but then Jackson falls out of them so I need to monitor it. Did you know that Walmart does not sell window locks? We were in the hardware section and Carter ran over and pushed the DO NOT OPEN door and this super loud alarm sounds. He was totally scared out of his mind. Good thing his heart is fixed otherwise he probably would have had a heart attack. He comes running back and hides behind me. The guy that works in that section came over and was very nice and explained that they don't sell window locks and it was no problem about the door, Carter was not the first to do it, but that he does not have the key to stop the alarm and has to find a manager. I dont know why a manager didnt come running, you could hear it through the WHOLE store. It probably went off for 10 minutes. I swear sometimes I feel like such a circus when we are out.

Now that I think of it, this was all probably carma. I was out to lunch today with some friends after watching Twilight again and we saw this lady and her three kids in this nice restaraunt for lunch. I mentioned that I would never attempt that alone. I would do it with Trevor's help because my kids are getting better in public and with his help it would not be too bad. I guess I was just being told, Don't rush out with these guys just yet.

8 comments:

Sarah Rowley said...

Ha, Ha! That is a good idea to take the kids to Walmart and see what they like, though. I asked the kids last night what they wanted Santa to bring and Carson said, "I think I need to go look on the computer to see what I want." I knew he wouldn't have an answer! By the way, your family pic is perfect! Way to go!

Shanell said...

So I totally do the same thing with my kids. It's a great way to build a list. And, are we EVER going to do something together again? I missed Twilight with you too! Goodness.
And I absolutley!!! LOVED twilight. Can't wait to see it again.

Didion 6-Pack said...

I thought that STOP sign was some kind of warning to keep us all from fainting when we checked your blog and you've finally posted!!!! I've missed you. I went to the Twilight premier, too, I loved it because I couldn't picture anything in the book and it sort of made the book come to life for me. I hope they make a sequel. Love ya, see ya Wed.

Porters said...

You went and saw it again, whatever!! I totally feel like I missed something the first time around and want to see it again but no one will go with me. I guess I really just want to see Robert Pattison(SP)but who doesn't.
Don't worry about your kids, its a circus whenever I go out too.

Sara Hollobaugh said...

Funny!! I think the manager should have come right away too. Why have an alarm??

Kristen said...

hahaha...that is something that would happen to me! Hey, fun seeing you at costco today - at least you eat with your kids there! I made mine eat in the car :) next time you walk you should come pick me up! :)

Tandee said...

I love it, Erin! Sorry you got everyone's attention at Walmart! But I hope you got some of your Christmas shopping done!

Anonymous said...

OKay that had me rolling laughing...What a natural consequence to remind them to NOT do that again! When can we get together? I miss ya!