CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Girls Weekend-Pinetop

What a fun weekend had by all. Some girlfriends and I headed up to my parent's cabin on Friday. We were discussing just how long many of us have been friends. Some of us, it has been around 10 years. We left all cares behind and just went and had a great time. No kids, husbands, work, or real life. We left in the later afternoon on Friday and stopped in Globe to eat, we wanted Burger House, but as luck would have it, it was closed for the week. What a bummer. We ended up eating and Judy's Cook House. Just a little dive, the food was fine, but the service was good. When we got to Show Low we called Rebecca to head up and meet us at the cabin. She moved up there several months ago. We just sat around and visited and laughed. We set up the Wii and laughed some more. We stayed up till who knows when and then slept until we felt like getting up. Rebecca made us the most delightful waffles with coconut syrup (Kyle that is what is in the container in the fridge). We got pedicures, went to Walmart (it wouldnt be a trip to the cabin without one), talked more, laughed even more and ate out the rest of the time. We got Thai and Italian food YUM. Rebecca brought up her Guitar Hero and we had a blast. We also played Mad Gab and Mexican Train. So fun. I love games and visiting. The time was over too soon and we had to head home. I cant wait to to it again. I have a few more picture to add, but I dont have time to wait to download. Here are a few. I will post the Wii and Guitar Hero later.

Rebecca Mangum, Amber Balle, Carmen Wagstaff, LeaAnn Sharp,
Carrie Perrins, and Sarah Rowley
Dinner at Red Devil, that is not Rebecca's beer,
it was already on the table.

Just visiting



10 comments:

Kyle said...

Sounds like fun..sorry I missed it! Too bad we won't have guitar hero there when we are up there next week...
I can already taste the coconut syrup in my mouth...I can't wait!
Thanks for FINALLY updating!

Kyle said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Brandis said...

Hi Erin! :) How fun to have a girls weekend. I bet that was a nice break. :) Glad you found my blog, it's always nice to have one more to stalk. :)

Porters said...

Sounds like you had a blast. We have a Wii and love it. The whole family plays Mario Kart with the wheels and everything, you should see the girls they look so funny. We just got Rock Band on Monday and its so funny, I taped Mariah on drums, Mackenzie singing and Paul on Guitar. I will post it on my blog this week. We have Guitar hero too but Rock Band everyone can play. I so need a girls weekend, I'm glad you had fun.

Kristen said...

So fun! I need to go on a "girls weekend". Fun to see you at swim, and your toes do look mighty cute from that pedicure!

The Weights said...

That sounds like a great weekend!! Your parents cabin, looks like a rather luxurious house!!
It is always so refreshing and filling to be with your girlfriends!Thanks for the update!! I have missed your posts!!

Steph (and Bryant) said...

Good for you to have some "me" time...that doesn't happen often enough for Moms!! Looks like a really fun time!

Anonymous said...

Looks like so much fun! And a nice break from the scorching temperatures! I wish i could send you this Utah weather! I am in heaven!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Didion 6-Pack said...

I can't stop thinking about the idea of Coconut Syrup! Please share the recipe with me!!!!!!!!

And I love, love, love the coffee table in the bottom picture.